31770 Camino Capistrano Suite D
San Juan Capistrano,
How can I sign up for a class using a Gift Certificate or Tspoons Voucher I already purchased?
Answer: To register using a gift certificate, simply choose the class you wish to register for from the calendar of events, add to cart, when you go to checkout use your gift certificate number in the “Add gift certificate” window and complete checkout as normal. It’s that easy!
What if I am a vegetarian, have a dietary restriction or food allergy?
Answer: Tspoons can make accommodations for most dietary restrictions or food allergies for each individual. This applies to all classes that are already scheduled as well as private group classes. All you need to do is give Tspoons advance notice when you sign up for a class and let them know your needs. All scheduled classes can also be made to accommodate vegetarians.
Do students make everything on the menu?
Answer: Yes, every student in the class prepares each item on the menu. Students work in groups of 4 to create each dish on the menu. All classes are hands-on so each student prepares everything on the menu with the expert guidance from the Chefs.
How many people are in a class?
Answer: To ensure that everybody receive personal attention and guidance, class sizes are limited to a maximum of 16 attendees per class. Average class size is between 12 and 16 students. For private parties, we can accommodate up to 20 persons.
Where can I find class schedules and times?
Answer: Class details, schedules, menus, and times are posted on Tspoons.com under the Calendar/Cooking Courses tab. (insert click here text with link)
Do we eat what we make in class?
Answer: Yes, class attendees prepare each dish on the menu and later dine on their creations together. We are unable to do take-out of food. All food made in class must be consumed in class.
How long are the classes?
Answer: Class duration is on average 3 hours. Approximately 2 hours are spent for the cooking portion of the class and 1 hour is spent for the dining portion, during which each item made in class is served.
Are there classes for kids or teens?
Answer: Yes, Tspoons offers Parent and Me classes as well as kids and teens classes. Depending on kitchen experience and upon advance evaluation and approval from our Chef instructors, some teens may also attend beginning adult classes. Children age 16 and over can also attend an adult class with a parent, with advanced notice and approval.
What is the cancellation policy?
Answer: We, at Tspoons, understand that due to unforeseen circumstances, a cancellation is sometimes necessary. We will always do the best we can to accommodate students. However, since class sizes are limited and a lot of planning and costs go into each class based on the number of students that have registered, we do hope that you will understand that we must adhere to a strict cancellation policy as follows:
- Refunds for cancellations and/or reschedules at least 7 days prior to class date, LESS a $5.00 cancellation fee PER PERSON.
- A $25 materials fee per person will be charged for all cancellations and/or reschedules that are less than 7 days. The payment made for the class will be applied towards another class on a waitlist basis
- Cancellations and/or reschedules within 24 hours of the class will not qualify for a refund or wait list. Gift certificates and vouchers are voided for cancellations within 24 hours of a class.
- No shows will also void the payment and will not qualify for a reschedule
- ANY CANCELLATIONS AND/OR RESCHEDULES, REGARDLESS OF WHEN THEY ARE MADE, WILL INCUR A $5.00 CANCELLATION FEE PER PERSON
What is appropriate attire to wear to a class?
Answer: Casual attire and closed toe shoes are recommended. We also recommend that long hair be pulled back (or put up) for sanitation reasons.
Are we allowed to bring our own beverage of choice or wine?
Answer: We do provide refreshments (ice tea and water) but you are welcome to bring your own beverage of choice (no hard liquor please).
When do schedules get posted?
Answer: Schedules are posted about 30 days prior to the 1st of each month. To be notified of newly posted schedules, please email us to be added to our email list.
How often are Parent and Me classes offered?
Answer: Typically once a month.
How often are Date Night classes offered and what is the difference between a Date Night class and other classes?
Answer: Date Night classes are offered at least twice a month. They are different from other classes in that both the menu and the format of the class are specifically designed to encourage couple interaction. Date Night Classes are for Couples Only please.
What other classes do you offer?
Answer: Tspoons also offers a variety of services, including:
- Customized Cooking Parties and Group Events (Baby Showers, Birthdays, Company Parties)
- Corporate Team Building and Partnering Sessions
- Individual Private Cooking Lessons
- Cooking and Baking Workshops
- Teen and Kids Cooking Camps
- Mommy & Me, Children and Teen Cooking Classes
- Birthday Parties for Adults and Children
- Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Children’s League Educational Cooking Classes
- Personal and Family Meal Planning
- Personal Chef Services
Learn From our Dedicated Chefs
You will be instructed by People with a Passion for Food
Visit us at 31770 Camino Capistrano Suite D, San Juan Capistrano, CA, 92675 or call us via (949) 218-5218