- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Baking and Pastry – 5 week series – CLOSED FOR REGISTRATIONS
May 9 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until May 16, 2019
If you’ve ever been intimidated by making homemade baked goods and pastries, this series will break down the basics to help you be successful in your baking endeavors! Each week will focus on a different aspect of pastries, starting with how to measure ingredients perfectly – baking is a science after all. Please note this is class is limited to 12 students only to ensure our chefs are able to give their full and careful attention to the participants. Please note gluten/egg/dairy free alterations/substitutions are not available for this series.
· Week 1 – Breads: Yeast-based breads, Quick breads, Savory and Sweet breads
· Week 2 – Custards, Souffles, Pate Brisee
· Week 3 – Cookies, Fillings, Sweet Pastes
· Week 4 – Doughs, Cakes, Pastry Sauces
· Week 5 – Chocolates and Confectionary